Wednesday 25 March 2015

En Passant 2105 Day 3 Val de Boi

 
A more auspicious start today than on Monday/Tuesday. Yesterday's rain gave way to clear blue skies and the first thing I saw when I hit the road was two golden eagles circling low above me.   Headed up the Val du Boi - a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site (on account of its nine or so 10-11th Century Romanic churches - almost untouched since that time) and also one of the gateways to the Parc Nacional de Aiguestortesi Estany di Sant Maurici.   Despite clear blue clear skies there were snowflakes in the air - being blown off the mountain tops (take a close look at the first and last photos).  It was too cold to go walking above 1400m (and into the park itself) so I opted to visit a couple of these churches and a solid four course Catalonian lunch - including locally raised lamb and locally produced yoghurt with honey.  Mm I think it will just be Tapas tonight!
 
 
 





No comments: